Unless otherwise stated, everything written on this site is copyrighted by me. You are more than welcome to use anything you like for a site or a writing of your own - just a few ground rules:
- Please don't plagiarize me - not that I'm assuming you would, but it has happened before (I could link you to the sites) and it's frustrating when all that is required is a simple email - or at very least, a link. I've worked long and hard for free to make this information available, and I dislike the disrespect that seems inherent in borrowing without acknowledgment, especially by people who are paid to put pages together.
- Please contact me to let me know what context you'll be using it in. In the case of feminist-bashing and rape-ridicule, no permission will be given but I am thrilled for others working with sexual and domestic violence to use what they will.
- The survivor stories on this site remain the property of the writers and in general may not be copied or used in any way. However, if you are conducting legitimate research into rape and/or domestic violence or are involved in a project to aid survivors, I will permit stories to be used except where the writer has expressed a wish for her story not be be used at all - and in this case I will accompany her story with a note. Please note that you must contact me first and let me know what context you will be using stories in - this is a condition of permission and failure to meet it means that you do not have permission to use any story .
- If you are using a chunk of text for a website please cite it by saying "Information from Aphrodite Wounded at www.aphroditewounded.org" or a variation on that theme.
- If you are using it for a book or paper please use the following citation: Louise McOrmond-Plummer, Aphrodite Wounded, page link, date you saw the writing.
If you do use something from this site, I'd be really pleased to see it - this is not a rule; I'd just be tickled as I'm sure many people like to know where their work is going out in the world.
Thank you in advance for the courtesy of a contact email and/or a link or other appropriate acknowledgment.