Healing Minds - Tracy's resourceful site - features articles about DID.
Over the Rainbow - Stefka's beautiful survivor site. The "Wizard of Oz" theme is really magical, like Stefka herself. Survivor creativity, articles about rape in the media and many other good features.
Dancing In The Darkness
- Vera's website for survivors of rape and sexual abuse. A safe place to share your story, hope and courage.
MEN WORKING TO END VIOLENCE
Men Can Stop Rape
- 'Men Can Stop Rape (formerly Men's Rape Prevention Project) empowers male youth and the institutions that serve them to work as allies with women in preventing rape and other forms of men's violence. Through awareness-to-action education and community organizing, we promote gender equity and build men's capacity to be strong without being violent'.
White Ribbon Campaign
: This is a male-coordinated initiative. It's an international program but this link will take you to the Australian Site
has a forum for rape-related pregnancy, aborting, adoption and parenting if you would like the support of others.
Something Fishy -
Very very comprehensive site and forum on eating disorders and treatment. Anorexia, Bulimia & Compulsive Overeating Dedicated to raising awareness and providing support to people with Eating Disorders, and their loved-ones... since 1995
healthyplace.com - Good ED's resources
www.anxietyaustralia.com.au Title: Anxiety Treatment Australia description: information on anxiety disorders, panic attacks, phobias, stress management, support groups, self help resources, insomnia, job burnout, chronic pain and anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder
Panic Attack and PTSD - Louise's journey with panic, agoraphonbia and PTSD.
Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Anxiety and Fears- Links and information collected from government and other sources. Browse resources on nightmares, post traumatic stress, phobias and more.
Anxiety Panic Hub
- Providing information and resources for people with an anxiety disorder. Find articles, books, chat rooms, panic attack management programs, symptoms and related links.
Agoraphobia & Panic Disorder Recovery
- I have used this site for my own recovery from panic attack and agoraphobia. Simple yet effective, easy to read articles by fellow sufferers. Please see Neil's new resource offering coaching, cartoons and his story of recovery here
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders - Learn about panic disorder and its treatment, find support groups, and explore medications and stress-management techniques.
WOMEN OF DIFFERENT FAITHS/SPIRTUALITY
- This wonderful resource is a multifaith organization working to end domestic abuse. Founded by Rev. Marie Fortune, whose work with abused women in the church has been truly groundbreaking.
A Cry for Justice
Not Under Bondage
- This excellent blog, run by Pastor Jeff Crippen and author Barbara Roberts has essential and powerful articles for Christian survivors. I can only hope the message being spread here will spread to more conservative Christians and bring about positive change in the way survivors of rape and domestic violence are handled by their faith communities.
- The site of the author Barbara Roberts. Excellent articles dealing with the scriptural dilemmas and other that abusers often experience. You'll find links to several Christian forums/blogs. Ms. Roberts vouches that they are free from victim-blame.
Hope For Healing
- packed with many very helpful articles and links. See the sitemistress, Gayle Crabtree's book "Does God still love me?" for abuse survivors.
Hidden Hurt Information
-This link is part of the great Hidden Hurt DV site and leads to links for Christian, Jewish and Islamic survivors.
Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Violence
-JCADA's mission is to Support
victims of domestic abuse to become empowered and obtain safe environments; Educate
community professionals and others about domestic abuse and appropriate responses to it; and Prevent
future generations from suffering domestic abuse by raising awareness
-The program assists women and children in domestic violence situations, generally by the provision of casework and counselling by professional social workers.
The Best Defense Program - My friend Gaz Black's self-defense organization. Completely survivor-empathic.
Please read the blog.
Model Mugging - Excellent rape-prevention full-contact self-defense program.
- RAD stands for Rape Aggression Defence. I know of many survivors who have been empowered by this program.
- As survivors, I believe we owe ourselves self-nurture and beauty. This site, owned by a friend of mine, is just the place to get yourself something pretty.. Evonne's exquisitely-scented and reasonably-priced wax melts last and last. Do yourself a favour and pick yourself up something nice.
SPECIALIST SURVIVOR SITES
The Silver Braid
- Survivors of Sexual Exploitation - Anne Bissell and Marie Waldrep's fantastic work around sexual abuse and exploitation in the sex industry through pornography, sex work and sex trafficking. Please also see Anne's site www.sexindustrysurvivors.com
- Holly is the only known survivor of the railroad serial killer, and has done incredible work as a survivor.. Please also see her other site, Holly's House.
-This site is owned by a woman I really cherish, and has an environmental focus.
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE / INCEST
- Author and Child sexual abuse survivor Sharon Wallace's site - resources, and activism.
A Voice Within
- Site of Author, Survivor and friend of mine Marie Waldrep
The Phoenix Post
- The work of brave author and activist Shy Keenan, who survived multiple horrific sexual assaults by her stepfather and other paedophiles he made her available to. Shy is bringing about change for survivors of child sexual abuse, particularly with regard to children abused in pornography.
- This web site is an excellent nationwide online resource for women and girls living with or escaping domestic violence.
Teenwire - Run by Planned Parenthood, this resource for teenagers answers questions about sex, dating and love. Check out the news section and poll.
Sex is Respect - This is a good site with some powerful messages for teens.
- Resource talks to teens about dating violence and its effects on its victims.
The Door: -
Stacie Dubay's WONDERFUL art exhibition, proudly hosted by Gift From Within
. A woman's journey through domestic violence and out the other side.
- lundybancroft.com - Site of the author Lundy Bancroft. Great articles and resources - US survivors may find the custody pages helpful too.
AARDVARC - This excellent site is a favourite of mine. Loads of articles and resources for survivors of rape and domestic violence, as well as those seeking to understand.
Blain Nelson's Abuse Pages - Good site by a former batterer
The Lupin House
- Survivor and author Angela Kempe has a new site and book, a welcome contribution to those of us struggling against IPSV, and to those needing support.
- Lovely and brave survivor Natalia now has a site to raise awareness of partner rape. An excellent initiative.
- A look at the most common type of rape, date rape, including resources for victims and victimizers. Date Rape - What is it?
Internet Mental Health
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Defines this condition and posts a collection of articles covering its causes and treatment methods.
A Safe World for Women - This is a new and fantastic initiative collecting endorsements of the campaign so that one million signatories can be presented to the UN and governments throughout the worldin 2011. Endorse it NOW here.
- V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sex slavery. co-founded by Vagina Monologues author Eve Ensler.
Man Boobz - Love the way this blog dismantles misogyny.
No Safe Place - PBS documentary that explores the roots of violence against women. Although it screened in 1998, the site contains powerful articles and teaching tools about rape and domestic violence.
- I've just discovered this sexual assault activism site and I think it's terrific! Challenges responses to sexual assault.
- Excellent UK site - many articles dealing with contemporary feminism and justice for women
- The site of Radical Feminist Nikki Craft, whose guts and passion I really admire. Check out her other site, The Nikki Wiki
Alas, a Blog
- Ampersand's provocative and stimulating blog
Take Back The News
- Organization that challenges media portrayals of sexual assault and it's victims.
- Nobuko is a survivor of rape who has put together a book of absolutely beautiful photography of survivors from all walks of life.
Gives me Hope
- The stories on this site will make you smile and bring you to tears. Decent, kind and brave people in the world.
- Magic! Jessica Galbreth's Lovely renderings of faerie and goddess women
- I'm not sure that this should be under the category of "fun" since some of the cards are heartwrenching.
- Witty social commentary. I love it.